Usually, before the investment and construction of a power plant project in Vietnam (even the project was stated in the power development plan), the Investors need to assess and evaluate carefully the necessity of the connection grid of the project to ensure the grid connection requirement and the efficiency of the investment decision.
Currently, all Investors are worried about the transmission and distribution grid issues and about the risk of curtailment in Vietnam.
VIETNAM PRP could provide the Grid Impact/Curtailment Study consultant service for all power plant projects in Vietnam. Our consultant service will help Investors to analyze/evaluate/determine:
1. The status of supply and demand balance in the project area and the whole Vietnam Power System.
2. The status of load-flow of the connection grid with various operation conditions (N-0, N-1,…) and analysis scenarios.
3. The factors affecting the project when connect to the grid based on the operation conditions/standards in Vietnam.
4. The risk of curtailment of the project with various operation conditions and analysis scenarios.
5. The maximum capacity and energy output of the project is curtailed in each day/month/year.
Please see more information in the end page.
The calculations of regional grid’s capacity evacuation possibility for renewable energy sources are significantly related to the provincial load demand, maximum generation intervals of the renewable energy sources. At an interval of minimum provincial load demand but maximum renewable energy source’s generation, the regional grid shall carry a heavily load due to a large residual power proportion injected to the T/Ls. Therefore, it is necessary to assess the intervals suitably selected for the calculations that based on the recording of load curve’s fluctuation, as well as generation models of renewable energy sources.
SCOPE OF WORK OF SERVICE:
1. Data collection:
– Collecting and updating all information and current legal documents related to the project.
– Collecting and updating the commissioning schedule and parameters of substations in the connection grid for the study period.
– Collecting and updating the commissioning schedule and parameters of transmission lines the connection grid for the study period.
– Collecting and updating the commissioning schedule and parameters of power plants in the connection grid for the study period.
– Collecting and updating the load demand of the connection grid for the study period.
2. Building the calculation models with update of grid for the study period:
– Updating and building the simulation model of substations
– Updating and building the simulation model of these transmission lines
– Updating and building the simulation model of power plants
– Updating and building the simulation model of load demand
3. Performing the calculations for the project in the study period:
– Perform hourly resolution time-step load flow calculations for each time period with a total of 8760 steps on each time period.
– Renewable energy generators will be modelled using resource time series with modelled hourly output
– Base-load generator will be modelled with standard generation curve assumptions
4. Summary of the calculation results and preparation of the study report:
– Considering the factors affecting the power plant connection to the local grid based on operation standards of Vietnam.
– Produce figures of curtailment.
Document of grid curtailment study: Download here
If you interested with our service, please contact us now : Contact us